You might have noticed the soft launch of our new website, the product of a six-month-long redesign by Julia Balfour, an integrated creative agency based in Haddam.
- The new website features a refined search function for the more than 3000 news stories published since we launched in May, 2019
- A new regional approach, that allows us to maintain a hyper-local approach even as we expand across the state. You can now search efficiently by time, by topic or by region.
- A new look and font that is mobile-friendly — over 75% of our readers access us through their phones.
- We’ve added a “letters” tab to our top bar — and created a separate category, apart from our editorial and regular columns. We welcome your letters to the editor at firstname.lastname@example.org
- After three years of word of mouth, on June 15, we also launched our first major advertising campaign sponsoring public radio WSHU — great news needs great partners.
- We will also be debuting regular news columns on politics, food & wine, energy and education.
- If you haven’t already, please sign up for our Sunday Digest here, for all the latest news sent to your inbox — we won’t sell, or share your information, and we don’t send SPAM.
Part of what’s driving the changes? A readership stretching from Boston to New York, with over 120,000 unique readers each month… here’s what our readership looks like in Connecticut over the last 30 days:
As thousands of newspaper close down across the United States, we’re trying something different… and it seems to be working.
Thanks again for your support.