We have spent a lot of time in Old Lyme discussing many big, important and impacting initiatives: Large plans for Halls Road privately-owned businesses, apartments at I-95 and Route 156 intersection, sewers at Soundview, and merging police with East Lyme, among other issues.
I am asking for your vote November 5th to bring back honest discussion at the start of town initiatives.
I strongly support:
- Halls Road improvements that can get done soon: sidewalks, crosswalks, planted traffic islands, improved sign guidelines and accommodating zoning. I do NOT believe the government should act as a master developer of land they do not own or control.
- Keeping our police force under Old Lyme control.
- Real economic development along the shoreline RT. 156.
- Re-establishing our position as a sewer-avoidance community.
- Bringing long-waiting projects quickly to completion, including Sound View sewers which are going on six years and the renovation of Hains Park bathrooms which is pushing four years.
- Needed improvements at the senior center.
As a town, we need to hit the pause button, re-group and listen to the community to establish priorities and then pursue THOSE items with vigor.
Please support myself, Tim Griswold and all of Row B on November 5.
Christopher W. Kerr
Selectman and candidate for Selectman